What Capacity Rate Increases Mean for Aggregation Programs.
Increasing capacity charges will raise electricity prices for all ComEd consumers starting in June 2014. These unavoidable rate increases will be followed by additional (though smaller) increase in June 2015.
For some aggregation communities, prices could rise by over 40 percent. Changes in commodity prices and transmission rates could force additional increases.
Because aggregation programs have been so successful in delivering savings, the rising price environment has real implications for aggregation communities as they seek pricing for their next program cycles:
- Negative responses from residents and the press
- Inability to guarantee savings against the ComEd Price to Compare
Best Practices for Aggregation Programs
Start by Consulting an Expert
Your community and leaders can benefit by expert advice in this changing environment. Whatever level of assistance is needed, ICCAN is there to help by:
- Providing an estimate on your community’s upcoming increase
- Representing the communities in the negotiations with suppliers
- Answering questions about changes in rates, tariffs, and ICC rules
- Reviewing your process, Plan of Governance, and contracts to make sure nothing was missed and the consumers are protected.